I don’t know about y’all but I always feel like laundry is never ending!! Like how can 3 people go through so many outfits!?! We are on a new budget since we have a new house and let’s just say we are being extra frugal.
Water is a new concern of mine because for some reason we keep pay water plus sewer. The sewer bill mirrors the water so we have to watch every single penny.
Here’s a few ways to be frugal with water since we moved in:
- Use water when necessary: Don’t overuse it! Use is excessively frugal. Don’t let it run if you are running into the other room and can’t monitor it.
- Bottled water: Instead of having to fill up your cup with water (even out of the fridge) use bottled water. It isn’t THAT expensive to get bottled water.
- Share bath time or water: If you have two kids, share the water with both of them. Or you can even add in a little extra hot water once one is done and re use their water so that way you are saving money.
- Laundry: Don’t wash every little thing, or wash one thing at a time! If you wore an outfit for 2 hiours it’s not dirty! I don’t know how many times I go through this a day with my husband! Make sure you have a full load before you do the laundry.
- Jam pack your dishwasher: If you have a dish washer leave it do all the cleaning and only rinse dishes as needed. Make sure you add in as much as you can and try to limit it to washing one time a day!
- Time yourself for shower time: I get how relaxing a fun a shower is (especially for moms who never get two seconds to theirself). but you HAVE to limit it,.. Only allow 10 minute showers, or whatever you want it to be.
- Flushing the toilet: Yes do this but don’t go to the bathroom every half hour instead allow time slots. Tell the kids that they get a potty break only every two hours, or whatever you want it to be.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!