Back to School is coming soon and that means changing your patterns and getting prepared for those long school days. We put together a list of quick things that you can do to help back to school get better and more efficient.
- Make sure set your kids’ sleep schedules two weeks before the first day.
- Get your kids involved in programs that they can do after school to keep them active. Help them figure out what ones would be best this way they can prepare for it.
- Make sure you have after school care set up whether it is a nanny or a program.
- Encourage your kids to read at least one book before the school year begins. Also, read a book with them every night before bed.
- Have your kids become familiar with the calendar schedule they’ll use to manage their activities.
- Have kids write their name out and do flash cards a few weeks before school starts so they can get in the mentality of school.
- Let kids choose a planner that they can use throughout the whole school year.
- Create a calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments. (for older kids)
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. How much screen time? When do they get screen time? No screen time during dinner?
- Set up a time for family time such as dinner time without cell phones.
- Determine how long it takes them to do assignments to help with time management, so that they can understand time management better.
- Teach your kids to prioritize their assignments and help manage better with time management.
- Set goals for the year with your children. Identify that you want to make new friends, learn, and get good grades.
- Help kids understand the first day of school, what to expect, and how to behave.
- Visit the school and help your kids become familiar with where their class will be.
What are some tips that you have for others when children start back to school?