Sensory toys are toys that provide the particular sensory input that many children with autism crave. Whether it is visual or tactile, the toys have the power to capture our kids’ attention, making the right sensory toy a powerful reinforcer (reward) in applied behavioral analysis (ABA) programs.
Does your child with autism have issues with sensory input? Perhaps he/she would benefit from sensory-based intervention tools such as sensory toys. Take a look at some of the top sensory toys for autism recommended by many occupational therapists to include fidget spinners, hand toys, chew toys, cubes, and sensory rings for children with autism.
Here are the top sensory items:
- JVIGUE Sensory Toys Set- 15 Pack Stress Relief Hand Fidget Toys for Kids and Adults, Sensory Therapy Toys for ADHD Autism Stress Anxiety
FIDGET TOYS VALUE PACK: Total 15 Pack of Fidget Toys,2xSqueeze Soybean Fidget Toys;2x Silver finger Massage Rings;2x Gold finger Massage Rings;1x Squeeze Grape Ball;3x Mesh And Marble Sensory Toy;2x Fidget Stretchy String;1x World Map Foam Balls;1x Monkey Stringy Balls;1 Pack Large Water Beads.
- Bapon Fidget Bag – Includes 14 Bundle Sensory Toys – Relieves Stress, Anxiety, Anti-Depression and Increases Focu 14-PIECE FIDGET SET. Providing tactile, visual and auditory stimulation, this set includes an 8-inch rain maker. three stretchy strings, three fuzzy poms, a bubble glass, a green bean and five water ball bottles, all stored inside a reusable drawstring bag.
- SpringFly 030 12 Pack Bundle Sensory Fidget Cube/Bike Chain/Liquid Motion Timer/Rainbow Magic Ball/Mesh and Marble Toy/Soybeans Squeeze Grape Liquid Motion Timer Bubbler Is a Perfect Fidget Toy For Calming The Brain Down. The Descending Bubbles And The Mix Of Two Soft Colored Bubbles Have A Soothing And Mesmerizing Effect That Will Keep Kids Entertained For Hours and Helps Improve Visual Tracking Skills. It’S Great For Kids With ADHD, Autism, Emotional Disturbances, And Any Kid Who Has A Meltdown!
- National Geographic Play Sand – 2 LBS of Sand with Castle Molds and Tray (Blue) – A Kinetic Sensory Activity SENSORY SAND – This sand is kinetic, so it sticks only to itself and not to you! This perpetually “wet” sand is perfect to mold, shape, and squeeze
- YoYa Toys Pull, Stretch & Squeeze Stress Balls by 3 Pack – Elastic Construction Sensory Balls – Ideal For Stress & Anxiety Relief, Special Needs, Autism, Disorders & More PREMIUM PULL & STRETCH BALL SET: If you are looking for great and effective ways to reduce stress and at the same time have some fun, then we got you covered. We proudly present you the best squeeze ball set that will become your favorite companion from this day on and will allow you to play around no matter where you are, no matter what you are doing.
- Sensory Ring and Fidget Toy | Soft, Flexible Ring and Rubber Spikes | Helps Reduce Stress and Anxiety| Promotes Focus and Clarity | Children, Youth, Adults Sensory Toys SENSORY STIMULATION TO REDUCE STRESS–Offering a tactile feel that helps reduce stress and anxiety, these handheld stress-relief toys provide tactile stimulation to reduce a racing mind so you can keep restless hands busy.
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!
2 thoughts on “Best Sensory Toys for Kids with Sensory Processing Issues and Autism”
I love all of your ideas! They would especially be fun and helpful for long car or plane trips!