Even though it is winter time and it is hard to focus on the fact that spring is around the corner, you need to start. Plan now rather than trying to do it all later. What do I mean?
Begin creating your spring cleaning list NOW rather than waiting.
- Wipe Walls and Ceilings: This task can be hard and not done often. You can clean by using a vacuum to remove dust. Tackle stubborn surface grime with this cleaner.
- Clean Rugs: You can wash your rugs, and carpet, using this deep-cleaner with a rotary shampoo machine. It is easy to use and is super affordable one to two times a year.
- Dust Shelves: You will want to take everything off the shelves. Brush shelves and books with a feather duster. Wipe this off accordingly, and you have clean shelving.
- Clean Upholstered Furnishings: Go ahead and take cushions outside and gently air clean them by brushing them off. You will want to vacuum the couches, chairs, etc., anything that is not on the cushions.
- Wash Window Screens: Windows can be difficult to cleanse. Clean the windows by using warm water and a mild dishwashing liquid on the glass. Then, the screens by scrubbing each with a brush. Seems simple enough. Clean Window Treatments: Read the labels on any curtains or drapery, and freshen-up accordingly.
There are so many spots to clean in your house, especially once a year. This preparation can honestly help your home get back on track and wash all the winter yuck out. There is nothing worse than having dust and germs living in your house. You only need to do take these steps once or twice a year, and it will be fine!
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with Susie Liberatore | Entrepreneur.