Have you ever faced self doubt and low self esteem head on? I mean you are only human so I am sure you have. I know I have.. I have faced it for years because I didn’t take care of myself. I doubted myself and everything around me. It is hard for many reasons to have self doubt..
So what is self growth?
Since going through a divorce, I took control of my life and all that I needed to do. I needed to better myself. I did it for ME. No one else. It’s more than pedicures and massages.. In fact it’s beyond that. I made changes because I needed to find myself. We all need to think about ourselves more often; you aren’t being selfish by doing this.
- I listen to a podcast every single morning. It helps me get motivated and focused for the day. We all need something! It literally gives me the reality check that I need, so that I can feel good about myself for the day.
- I love music. I have different songs for different moods. I like to listen to just about everything, so I don’t discriminate when it comes down to it.
- I read something daily. I have backed away from social media and only use it for work now. But I read something daily, whether its just quick news online, or a book from my nightstand.. I take the time to read something different for each day.
- I find inspiration quotes daily. I love scrolling through the internet while eating breakfast and finding quotes that I can relate to. It helps me get motivated and uplifted for the day.
- I text affirmations to friends daily. I have a group of people that we send positive vibes only to one another. It really truly helps, we know what we need to send to each other, so that can get excited for the day.
- I believe in God. I have started going to a great church. It has been great to be able to confine in him. I have been able to take care of myself and gain the confidence that I need in life.
- I do breathing exercises. Whenever I feel stressed or overwhelmed I take deep breaths. I fill my head with positive thoughts and repeat this several times until I feel better.
- I exercise. I like to exercise to let out stress. I don’t do it to lose weight (although it is nice). If I don’t work out for one day I can feel my body being tense and my emotions all over the place.
- I use essential oils. Essential oils have helped me through some of the hardest times. I love smelling good, but there is something about them that makes me feel better mentally.
- Focus and making lists. Planning ahead. You need to make lists of things to get done each day so that way you can feel accomplished and not worry.
And of course I allow the me time that I need…. For pedicures and massages. But those happen once a month or so where as the other things are daily
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with Susie Liberatore | Entrepreneur.