I have been reading a lot more lately, and I enjoy reading books that actually help me grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and professionally. Being an entrepreneur we always need to grow and keep learning. I know that you all can enjoy these books as well. Let me know which ones are your favorite.
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 Into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran After failing at twenty-two jobs, Barbara Corcoran borrowed $1,000 from a boyfriend, quit her job as a diner waitress, and started a tiny real estate office in New York City. Using the unconventional lessons she learned from her homemaker mom, she gradually built it into a $6 billion dollar business.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- Body and Soul: Profits With Principles by Anita Roddick The founder of England’s Body Shops explains how she developed her philosophies on greed, hype, caring, and communication, and why she thinks her business can change the world
- The Glitter Plan: How We Started Juicy Couture for $200 and Turned It The Glitter Plan While working together at a Los Angeles boutique, Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor became fast and furious friends over the impossibility of finding the perfect T-shirt. Following their vision of comfortable, fitted T-shirts, they set up shop in Gela’s one-bedroom Hollywood apartment
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes The journal is broken out month by month, day by day, with each month highlighting a theme (“Yes to Doing,” “Yes to Help,” “Yes to Who I Am”). Daily, you can track what you say YES to and keep notes
You will enjoy these books, for sure if you are looking for something different that can help you grow! All of these books have helped me with my mindset and business. You can enjoy them as well!
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with Susie Liberatore | Entrepreneur.