Being a business owner has changed me for the better. I have learned how to get things done efficiently and as best as I can. I have learned along the way, made mistakes, and changed my mindset. I changed my habits and knew that I couldn’t keep going the way I was with getting overwhelmed and stress.
The minute that you change your habits and mindset is when you see your full potential, AND CREATE that potential! Yes, that is the truth.
Here are my top 5 tips that I do daily:
- I focus on minutes, not hours. When I am waiting to pick up my son, I respond to emails. I make every single MINUTE MATTER. When I am laying in bed, I make sure I have my calendar ready for the next day. These time management skills have helped me increase my sales.
- I focus on only one task. I create a daily list of things to do and make sure the top two are the must get done for the day. I focus on one item at a time and complete it with high quality.
- I use a notebook. I print out notes from my computer and create checklists. Then, even write daily in my notebook, random thoughts, lists, and ideas. It is a necessity for my chaos to be organized.
- I process emails only a few times per day. My email signature states that I check my email from 10-11 A.M. DAILY. I create CRM and project boards for clients so they can communicate, and if it is an emergency, they text me. I do not look over emails all day, every day.
- I avoid meetings at all costs. I only do phone or computer meetings now. In-person meetings are kept to a minimum if done at all. The travel time, the wait time, and the meeting time ends up being a waste, and let’s focus on number 1 — all that time matters. We can use it in a much better way.
BONUS: I delegate a lot. I know where my strengths lie. I know how to communicate, and I use those skills. I outsource whenever the opportunity arises for writing, editing, SEO, sales, and even some marketing. I focus on the graphics that people buy because that’s what sells.
Share with me what you do to be successful with your business? How have you transformed over the years or even months? Do you agree with my list?
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Read our disclosure.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with Susie Liberatore | Entrepreneur.