To the husband who is my rock.
It seems like we just met yesterday, and your brother introduced us to one another. It is crazy how fast time flies by. TEN years of marriage we have reached. I knew we could do it! But, really and truly, we have hit a lot of bumps in life and continue to lean upon one another every day.
- You know I am an introvert. I don’t confess my feelings or communicate well at all. This is who I have been my whole life, and I take things WAY too personally. We always read about how hard motherhood really is or how wives take credit for everything, but what about dads? Dads are JUST as special and deserve some recognition.
So, with our ten year anniversary hitting this month, I want you to know how special you truly are to me. I hope that you can see things through my eyes. With Father’s Day also coming around the corner, I can’t help but really be thankful for all that you, my husband and sugar daddy, have done for us. Lately it seems like we need to reconnect and rely on one another so this is an extra special post.
Without further ado, here it goes!
You have been my best friend for over 12 years now. You have been my rock. You helped me discover who I was and who I wanted to be. You supported me more than I can ever acknowledge and appreciate. We have never been traditional by any means. We were married at the justice of the peace, and endured more than most couples simply because of you being in the army. That has resulted in us withstanding three moves, three deployments, and so much more. I am glad to be on this journey with you.
I love all of these characteristics about you, even when it seems like we are falling:
- You put in long hours of work. You could come home, get out of the army, or make up excuses to leave. But you don’t. You have always been dedicated and loyal to everything that you do. That is what I love most about you – and what makes us perfect for one another. We always had the same goals.
- Go above and beyond. Along the same lines as the first, but you know what needs to be done and always achieve the goal. I remember just recently when you saved someone from a motorcycle crash. Did you need to get out of your car and help them? No. But you did and you went above and beyond expectations.
- Take care of us. Whenever any of us need something, you are right there. Like telling me to just do it. Because, let’s face it, I am stubborn and frugal at times. But, even beyond money, you take care of us. You listen and provide us with solutions whenever we feel so stuck.
- Always looking out for us. Everyone wants the best for their family, but your actions always speak better for us. You choosing to reenlist means the world to us knowing that we are settled for another couple of years while we focus on Antonio and my business. I know you believe in us, and that is why you attend to our needs.
You are the dad, and husband, that will drop anything for his wife and son. I never knew how much I really loved you until we became parents and grew older. There is something about becoming parents that makes life so different. We realized what we had, and what our future holds. Thank you for being the best husband and father that we could ever ask for. Happy ten year anniversary, my love.
Shop 10 Year Anniversary Gifts:
- Men’s Funny Anniversary Gifts For Him – 10 Years Anniversary Gifts
- 10th Anniversary Gift for Him & Her – Pure Tin Beaten Bangle Inscribed With 10 Years
- Unique 10th Wedding Anniversary Memory Book with Stickers and A Matching Card – 5-Second Memory Journal For Your Special Tin Anniversary – The Perfect Keepsake Booklet for Special Memories
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!