The winter months can be tough to pinch pennies; I get it. But, know that there are some great tips for you to save money by merely reducing some simple electricity draining activities.
Here are great ways to save money this winter:
- Replace Incandescent Light Bulbs With LEDs LEDs are much more energy efficient. These bulbs will not only save more power, but they’ll also last longer. Check out these LED bulbs.
- Unplug Electronics After Use. You might not be charging your phone, etc., but the chargers could still be drawing energy at home. Try using a smart power strip that shuts off the current when the electronics are not in use.
- Use Cold Water For Laundry. Using hot water will consume more electricity simply because the water heater will need to run. You can merely try not to use super hot water, but something that isn’t too cold either.
- Take Shorter Showers. By taking shorter showers, it will reduce how much water you use, which will limit the amount of time that your electric water heater needs. Sounds simple enough, right? Just use a timer and take a shorter shower.
- Energy Efficient Showerhead. You can save 2,000+ gallons of water every year by using a more efficient showerhead. This measure will save you tons of money on your electric bill, for sure.
- Adjust Your Thermostat. We keep our thermostat at a certain temperature and keep it there all winter long. We do not touch it unless absolutely necessary.
- Use Solar Lights Outside. We love having these lights outside. They’re relatively cheap and don’t need energy due to being solar powered, so it’s a win-win!
- Motion Sensors. All of our outside lights have these detectors, etc. Motion sensors can significantly help you when someone might forget to turn off the lights.
These suggestions are just some simple tricks that we have done to reduce our electric bill in the winter time. They have really and truly helped us. What have you done that has cut your electric bill?
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with Susie Liberatore | Entrepreneur.